GENRE: Email to Lower Murray Water Management (VIC)
TITLE: Letter of Request for Information from LMW Management – response required
AUTHOR: Daniel Z
DATE WRITTEN: 13th December, 2012
STATUS: LMW responded (see reply below) 18th December, 2012
UPDATES: Any updates should be posted in the comments section below.
FURTHER READING: ISBN: 9781603582872 The Case Against Fluoride (Connett, Beck, Micklem)
CC: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Pam.Midgley@lmw.vic.gov.au, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Lower Murray Water (LMW) Management,
I request the following information, in light of the current LMW (mandatory) fluoridation program:
1. I request empirical scientific data on the health effects of the chemical Hydrofluorosilicic acid, which, according the LMW website[i], is currently being used as a fluoridating agent for my region. This data should take into account life-time daily consumption at varying levels of intake (i.e. daily dose, depending on level of water consumption); and cumulative effects.
2. I request evidence that LMW conducted a total fluoride exposure/intake assessment of my community, prior to the introduction of Hydrofluorosilicic acid to the water supplies of the region (in accordance with World Health Organisation recommendations[ii]). I will accept no less than the full results of this assessment, signed by the Managing Director of LMW.
3. I request the contact details of a qualified medical professional working either directly for, or on behalf of, LMW; who is responsible for obtaining the informed consent of individuals receiving Hydrofluorosilicic acid-dosed water from LMW, and who is charged with the task of monitoring for potential side-effects in the population. This email should be forwarded to this professional in full, so that they have advance notification of my requests.
4. I request a list of the option(s) available to me for legal action against LMW, if I am able to: a) Prove that my universal human right to informed consent to medication has been denied; and/or b) Prove that water treated with Hydrofluorosilicic acid and delivered by LMW, has harmed my health in any manner.
5. I request direct, written, signed clarification from the World Health Organisation, the United Nations, the Australian Medical Association, and/or other relevant medical/human rights ethics bodies – which provides specific permission for LMW to override my right to informed consent to medication. Furthermore, this written permission should directly cite the Health (Fluoridation) Act 1973 – SECT 4[iii], and provide expert commentary on its validity, as juxtaposed with relevant universal human rights.
6. I request a comprehensive written clarification that LMW engineers are not violating the principles set out in the Engineers Australia Code of Ethics[iv], by forcibly fluoridating my water supply (if indeed it is revealed that they did/do so without informed consent, without adequate chemical health and safety data, and without a comprehensive total exposure assessment). This written clarification must come directly from the Chief Executive of Engineers Australia and be signed.
7. I request written confirmation that LMW will fully cooperate with SECT 9 of the Health (Fluoridation) Act 1973, which maintains my right to enter LMW premises “to examine and test equipment used in adding fluoride to the water and take samples of any chemical substance being used or to take samples of water for analysis from any point in the water supply system,”[v] if I decide to assert this right at any point in the future (back by the relevant obtained permissions).
I wish to make the following clarifications, for the record:
8. The fluoridation of drinking water, delivered with the intent to the human body for a disease, via systemic means, is medication by any reasonable standard.[vi]
9. Universally accepted overviews of informed consent to medication principles, are freely available from the American Medical Association[vii] and the Better Health Channel of the Victorian Government.[viii] LMW should also take particular note that – if it is unable as an organisation, to provide the requested information (above) relating to health data – then LMW is officially engaging in experimentation with a substance unapproved and untested for human consumption. If so, LMW will need to consult the Nuremberg Code.[ix]
10. There is no scientific evidence[x] that fluoride is an essential nutrient for the human body. No disease (not even tooth decay) has been proven to directly result from a deficiency of fluoride in the human body. Therefore, any attempt by LMW to assert that its treatment of drinking water supplies with fluoridation chemicals is “essential” for public health, will be considered by me as a direct lie and responded to accordingly.
[vi] Connett, P, Beck, J & Micklem, S 2010, The Case Against FluorideHow Hazardous Waste Ended Up in Our Drinking Water and the Bad Science and Powerful Politics That Keep It There, Chelsea Green, White River Junction. http://www.chelseagreen.com/bookstore/item/the_case_against_fluoride
DATE RECEIVED: 18th December, 2012
Owen Russell (General Manager Customer Services Lower Murray Water) responded, with a LEGAL DISCLAIMER (prohibiting the forward of email to others) on bottom of reply email. However, in general terms, Mr Russell refers Daniel to go to the Department of Health’s website for further information on mandatory water fluoridation (http://www.health.vic.gov.au/water/fluoridation/index.htm ).